Friday, November 14, 2014

HW 15 - Project status

STORY (Gabby)
Pick a Name (100%)
Write in game written material (100%)
Create survey for play testers (100%)
Create final dungeon map for game doc (75%)
Create metric/text  for the ending / figure out how many options and map them to game choices (100%)
MECHANICS (Harish)
Work movement and actions of the main character (run, walk)
Work movement and actions of the monster (navigation, sight)
Make and implement all game over conditions (monster hits, large rubble hits, fall in water, time limit)
INTERFACE (Gaurav)
Work use cell phone animation and menu (make sure to add battery and light sensors)
Decide on final player controls/buttons (100%)
Illustrate 4 success/death screen graphics - (100%) (GABBY)
SOUND (Gaurav)
Implement 3D sound
Assign all sound effects to in game objects
Create general background track 
AESTHETICS  (Harish,Gabby)
Make sure sense of scale is correct
Add complex/interesting textures (100%)
PLAYTESTING  (Gabby, Gaurav)
Test the game ourselves to find glitches and game errors
Test the game with others to  assess fun/challenge
MARKETING (Gabby)
Finish first poster (100%)
Finish final game package
Create Player Guide/game document (90%)
Give final pitch (0%)

Green- Done
Orange - In Progress
Red - Not Done
Gray - Unknown at time of publishing

ASSESSMENT

Honestly at this time I'm pretty in the dark about how the actual end product is going since I haven't been able to get a hold of my team this week. I know I'm on track for finishing all of the tasks given to me so far, so I feel pretty good about the expectations I had. The poster is done and printed, the game document is completed ( I may design it as a booklet just for fun but we'll see) I've started on play-testing surveys and dialogue for the game, though it may not be implemented by Sunday's demo deadline. As for testing the game myself, as I said, I haven't been able to work with it yet because my team has been too busy to meet with me this week.  The fact that I'm behind on the dialogue is because I had to take over creating the level map since Harish was unable to do his assigned task by the game document deadline. We also had an issue where I was uninformed that Harish had taken the ground map from GTA4 and copied it for our game. (It was a misunderstanding- I said feel free to copy cities from Google Maps, he thought he could copy any map he found on Google. While it is fine to copy reality, copying someone else's work is not). At this stage it would be a huge obstacle to redo the map so with the instructor's permission we are citing GTA4 and moving forward. 

ASSESSMENT AS OF 11/30
Other then illustrations and recording the script, all I need now is the final in game screen shots for the presentation. Hopefully my team will be in Monday to help assemble the final pieces and make sure we are good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment