Thursday, September 11, 2014

HW 03 - A tale of much frustration















So for my objects I downloaded a phone, a revolver, and a parking lot. The idea was to play with the controls of the items like the player would use them, flipping the phone over, lifting the revolver, etc. Figuring this was a simple task, I finished some more pressing deadlines before getting to this tonight. Needless to say things did not go as planned. The revolver was a complex object and when I parented the parts it would fly into the air for no reason. The parking lot plane did not stop objects from floating through it even when static, and so the phone and a random element from the parking lot blend file was all I could get to work. I made a new floor out of a cube and did some basic controls, but nothing near where I wanted them to be. Is there a way to make the reactions to keys far less finicky? I feel like if I could get some more control I would be able to make these objects work more realistically. In any case, the blend file is on it's way to the TA now. Hopefully next time I can put together something that isn't so disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment